A new solution for changing the air in your home while maintaining excellent energy efficiency in heating.
Lunos Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) Systems provide fresh, clean air to your home or building while maintaining temperature balance- without temperature loss! (up to 90% efficiency†)
The LUNOS e2 is a decentralized HRV system that does not require venting air to a centralized core, rather provides that same performance through individual units placed through your exterior walls.
Lunos HRVs are an essential component of any air-sealed high-performance home, bringing fresh air while removing unwanted pollutants and humidity.
How it works
The Lunos e2 systems are a direct interface between inside and outside air; this through wall system employs the heat captured in stale exhaust air to warm incoming fresh air.
A pair of Lunos e2 units perform in alternating pairs, with one exhausting stale air while the other supplies fresh outside air, then after a set period they reverse directions (ensuring pressure balance).
Key to Lunos' efficacy; Ceramic Honeycomb Core
The reversal of air through a ceramic honeycomb core is what provides heat exchange. The ceramic core is heated by exhaust air and incoming fresh air is warmed as it passes through the core. The cycle is reversed every 90 seconds to heat and conversely extract heat from the core.
The Benefits of Lunos e2
Quiet operation: The tube diameter is 15 cm (5 inches) and has a normal operating noise level of 19.5 dB (pretty much unnoticeable unless you press your face up to it).
- With no complicated ducting runs required, the decentralized systems are quick and easy to install.
- Decentralized systems are the perfect solution if your building design does not allow space for a large centralized unit.
- Smaller & lower power fans make less noise than larger and more powerful centralized systems.
- The ductless system leads to an inherently lower pressure drop, which requires smaller fans, and generally results in a more efficient system.
- The units can be installed in areas where ducting may not be able to travel.
- Because the units are independent, in the unlikely event that one unit fails, the other units in the team will have you covered.
LUNOS e2 Systems is factory assembled and tested prior to shipment and has the approval of the following agencies: Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL), Conformité Européene (CE), Electrical Testing Laboratories (ETL) or Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
†According to European test standards the Lunos e2 has efficiency is 90.6%. with the ability recover the moisture rates of 20 to 30%. *performance testing through Based on DIN 24163 - IGE Institute of Building Energy, University of Stuttgart/Prüfstelle HLK Universität Stuttgart, Institut für GebäudeEnergetik
 The Institute of Building Energy (IGE) is accredited by the DAR according to ISO / IEC 17025 and recognized by the DIN CERTCO testing laboratory. IGE is an ISO / IEC 17020 accredited inspection body. Prüfbericht e² UNI-Stuttgart.PDF